BEAUTY, BRAINS & FUN
Artisan Handcrafting, Healthy Ingredients, Celebration Inspiration
- Olive oil is a nonhydrogenated oil with no trans fat, which is known to prevent and lessen the effects of cardiovascular disease and diabetes.
- Olive oil contains oleic acid, in addition to squalene and terpenoids, that are believed to be effective in preventing cancer which kills 50% of dogs over 10 years of age.
- The monounsaturated fats in olive oil encourage weight loss by breaking down the fat inside fat cells, getting rid of belly fat and reducing insulin sensitivity.
- Olive oil is packed with antioxidant properties beneficial to dogs, including polyphenols, vitamin E, chlorophyll and carotenoids, making it very effective at arming the body’s immune system so it can effectively fight off disease such as cancer.
- Olive oil helps promote thicker, shinier and smoother coat on dogs.
- OIive oil helps prevents and correct dandruff and dry skin problems on dogs.
- Olive oil helps prevent the cognitive decline associated with aging in all species, good for senior dogs.
- Olive oil helps dogs look younger longer as it prevents free radical cell oxidation that can lead to premature aging.
- Olive oil tastes very good.
The Myth – The nutritional values of olive oil will diminished after baking or cooking. That’s why it is best as salad dressing.
The Truth – Cooking with olive oil below the smoke-point does not destroy most of its health benefits, or make it less healthy. The smoke-point of olive oil is about 400°F. Under normal cooking conditions, most of the therapeutic minor components are retained. Baking or excessively heating of olive oil will evaporate the alcohols and esters which make up its delicate taste and fragrance of olive oil. But normal cooking and baking will not change its health aspects, only flavor.
The Myth – Heating olive oil produces trans fats.
The Truth – Trans fats are created in an industrial process that adds hydrogens to the liquid oil to solidify it. Ordinary cooking and baking, even at high heat, never produces trans fats.